This piece of land includes a historic (inactive) pump station building that was connected to the Georgetown Steam Plant. It was also the site of the former 8th Avenue pedestrian-trolley bridge that linked the Georgetown and South Park neighborhoods until 1937. The site is currently owned by three different jurisdictions and is challenging to get to because of the lack of sidewalks, pooling water, industrial activity and a lack of parking. A resident led workgroup is working closely with the City, County and the Port of Seattle to design a workable solution for all three of the public agencies and the adjacent businesses. The current design includes anti-erosion native plants, installing demonstration rain gardens, placing benches or tables next to an educational kiosk near the entrance, river bank stabilization, and historical information about a renovated pump station. Success of this project will demonstrate public sector commitment to improving water quality and public access along the Duwamish River.